Public Transportation Accident Lawyers in Pittsburgh
PA Law Firm Handles Your Public Transportation Accident Injury Case
In the United States, millions of people rely on mass transit to get to work, go shopping, or travel across town. For the most part, public transportation is safe and efficient. However, from time to time accidents do happen and, if you are involved in one of these accidents, you can suffer serious injuries. Because your city or municipality typically runs public transportation, it has a high duty of care to the public and must be very careful in its protection of its passengers.
If someone else’s negligence causes an accident on public transportation and you suffer an injury, you are owed compensation. When negligence occurs, it usually means some standard of safety was ignored, whether it was in the maintenance process, a problem on the road, or an issue with the driver. Regardless of the situation, consider consulting with one of the personal injury attorneys at DeRiso, DeRiso & Suher. We represent victims of public transportation accidents in the Pittsburgh area. Our goal is that you are compensated for your losses — and to ensure that what happened to you never happens again to anyone else. We want to hold the right people responsible for their actions and get you on the road to recovery.
Common Causes of Public Transportation Accidents
Pittsburgh mass transit moves thousands of people around a day in our city. When you use trains, buses, or light rail, the authorities that run these systems owe you a duty of care. This includes:
- Safe entryways and exits
- Adequate security and lighting
- Qualified operators and drivers
- Proper maintenance and upkeep of equipment and vehicles
When accidents or injuries from negligence do occur, they typically happen due to some of the following causes:
- Collisions. The vehicle in which you are traveling could collide with another vehicle or even a stationary object. This could happen because of driver negligence like distracted driving, driving under the influence, failure to observe traffic signals, or drowsy driving.
- Crime. You may suffer injury from a criminal act that could have been prevented by proper security cameras, lighting, or adequate security personnel.
- Slip and falls. If a mass transit vehicle or area is not properly maintained, hazards like spilled liquids or melted snow and ice can cause you to slip and injure yourself.
Speak to your personal injury attorney if you believe your accident happened due to the negligence of a public transportation carrier.
Contact Our Pittsburgh Personal Injury Law Firm Today
The public transportation accident attorneys at DeRiso, DeRiso & Suher are ready to provide experienced and effective representation in and out of the courtroom. Contact us at (724) 510-7733 to schedule a free initial consultation.