Slip and Fall Lawyers Serving Pittsburgh
Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident? Contact Our Personal Injury Firm
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury cases. They can happen at any time, anywhere, and when you least expect it. Many times, a slip and fall is because of negligent action — or inaction — on the part of a property or home owner. If someone doesn’t maintain or upkeep their property and a hazard causes you to trip, slip, and fall, you may have a personal injury case.
The Pittsburgh attorneys at DeRiso, DeRiso & Suher have 50 combined years of experience with personal injury cases. They have seen firsthand the serious injuries that can come from a slip and fall accident, and are prepared to fight to get you compensation. You shouldn’t have to pay medical bills or lose wages from work due to an accident that wasn’t your fault. Contact our personal injury lawyers today and talk to us about your case.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause all sorts of injuries — broken or fractured bones, cuts and scrapes, bruises, concussions, back and neck injuries and more. Sometimes an accident is just an accident, but in the case of premises liability law (when a property owner fails to keep their property safe), you may be due compensation for your injuries. Your personal injury attorney can talk to you in detail about your accident and your case.
Typical slip and fall accident scenarios include the following:
- Wet or slippery floors – Tracked in snow and ice, unmarked wet floors, or spills
- Damaged floors and stairs – Loose floor tiles, ripped pieces of carpet, uneven stair treads, or loose handrails
- Cluttered floors – Piles of boxes or merchandise in aisles, trash or debris, tripping hazards
- Damaged walkways and sidewalks – Cracked or crumbling concrete, gaps between sidewalk segments
- Inadequate lighting – Burnt out or insufficient lighting, making it difficult to see hazards, obstacles, or stairwells
Slip and falls can happen in public places like shopping malls, sporting events, workplaces, and even private homes. If you are injured because of any of these hazards, give us a call today to find out your options.
Contact Our Pittsburgh Personal Injury Law Firm Today
The personal injury attorneys at DeRiso, DeRiso & Suher are ready to provide experienced and effective representation in and out of the courtroom. Contact us at (724) 510-7733 to schedule a free initial consultation.